Senior Analyst, Portfolio Risk Management
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual Surety™ is currently seeking an Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our Portfolio Risk Management (PRM) team. This group is responsible for designing systems and processes to better identify and manage the risk to the Contract Surety portfolio as well as developing industry-leading value-added services for Surety clients.
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the #1 Surety in the United States and the largest globally. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries, we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries.
The focus of this position will be taking ownership of risk management and value-add services reporting as well as providing periodic analysis of the Core Contract portfolio. Responsibilities are detailed as below:
- Manage the process of updating and analyzing the portfolio trends (macroeconomic, financial, operational) and present the findings to the senior leadership.
- Take lead in fulfilling the value-add requests for our clients (financial benchmarking and macroeconomic trends reports)
- Partner with Agile Product Owners, Underwriting (both FO and HO), and IT to develop reporting capabilities leveraging multiple data sources.
- Work closely with business units across Surety to understand their information needs and deliver high-quality actionable information.
- Perform special projects as assigned. May lead moderately complex projects/work streams which involve multiple team members.
- May create and/or be owner of training material content. May create formal training sessions and modules. Actively share job knowledge with less experienced analysts. Provides technical training and user support to business groups. May be assigned to mentor a new hire. May supervise interns.
Please note: Salary will be based on experience and location.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or related field
- Minimum 3 years, typically 4 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with data querying and management (SQL) desired.
- Proficiency with Power BI strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in financial statements analysis is a big plus
- Effective communication skills for writing reports/proposals and presentations to senior leadership.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Has a value-driven perspective with regards to understanding of work context and impact.
- Strong planning skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment managing multiple priorities.