Solutions Engineer, Software - GDS Delivery Solutions
Liberty Mutual's Global Digital Services is looking for a Solutions Engineer to join Delivery Solutions (DS) within Application Environments. This Solutions Engineer role will be the aligned with Liberty Mutual's strategic digital operations platform which focuses on AIOps and automated event driven remediation. This role will be part of a Solutions Engineering group that works closely with the DS Architect to drive Engineering Excellence, Architectural roadmap, and principles. This role will support the advancement of the Digital Operations Ecosystem which together with our Digital Core are positioning our team to deliver all our products and services in a unified manner.
Performs the following moderately complex to complex activities:
- Responsible for the implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive, and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support business plans and long-term strategies.
- Assists with designing clear, comprehensive system, technical, and product architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability, and flexibility.
- Develops requirements with team and provides engineering dispositions and engineered responses to requirements that provide hosted solutions.
- Provides leadership in reviewing the velocity of the team, presenting continuous improvement opportunities for improved product/team performance.
- Consults on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability, and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Oversees design reviews and frameworks.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio, project, or Market.
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred. Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.