Actuarial Internship Program - Summer 2022
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
If analyzing the financial costs of risk and uncertainty is your thing, join us! Put your analytical skills to workand drive the future of Liberty Mutualwhen you pursue an internship with the Actuarial Development Program.
Liberty Mutual actuaries solve challenging business problems and bring value to our customers. Actuarial interns are valued members of our team, and support business needs with data analysis and insight.
As an Actuarial Intern, you'll grow your knowledge of personal and commercial insurance products across a wide variety of disciplines, such as reserving, pricing, modelling, and analytics.
You'll also gain hands-on experience with various analyses, such as the preparation of rate level indications, and attend formal trainings to learn critical actuarial concepts.
We are focused on building actuarial skills needed for today and tomorrow. You'll learn the tips of the trade from some of the best actuaries in the industry through hands-on experience and technical training. After completing the internship, you will have stronger business skills and technical acumen.
What you've got
- You're pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related discipline, with a strong academic record (3.0 or higher cumulative GPA).
- You desire to work across a variety of actuarial functions and environments.
- You're a problem solver, with a keen sense of analytical reasoning and mathematical concepts.
- You demonstrate proven leadership skills, with experience in a student organization, academic project, or community service organization.
- You possess strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- You are naturally curious and have passion for learning.
- Actuarial Exam sittings or passing scores are preferred, but not required.