Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world? Are you passionate about the data integration space including cloud platforms and data governance, data delivery, data quality, and data security? Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving the data landscape? Are you a proactive and passionate collaborator, able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, analysts, data scientists and product owners to build consensus?
The Liberty Mutual Talent Analytics department is seeking a passionate Data Steward to join their growing team. To be considered a good fit for this role, you will have a passion for data governance, communication, stakeholder management, establishing accurate and reliable designs of enterprise data pipelines, data cataloging, data quality, data availability, and security controls. You will inspire your IT partners to design best-in-class data delivery solutions that ensure high availability and data quality from multiple platforms. You will assist your leadership team with developing and executing on our data strategy. You will serve as the primary point of contact across one or more data domains and ensure data consumer satisfaction. This role will report to the Director of Data Management for Talent Analytics within Talent & Enterprise Services.
In this role, you would
- Create a strong partnership with analysts, data scientists, engineers, and managers to develop requirements for data delivery solutions.
- Serve as a point of contact and educator for data consumers within one or more assigned domains.
- Possess comprehensive experience with multiple enterprise systems or technologies (i.e. SQL, Power BI, SAS, Snowflake, TIBCO Data Virtualization or Denodo, AWS S3/Athena, AWS RDS, AWS Glue or SnapLogic, Informatica, Python, R, Alation or Collibra, Excel).
- Be an evangelist across the Talent Analytics department and neighboring line of business support teams for seamless adoption of the data warehouse, data catalog and other offerings.
- Assist Talent Analytics teams on any enterprise initiatives such as diversity, equity & inclusion enablement, establishing a standard for global data and facilitating adoption of new normal'.
- Establish and enforce enterprise data policies, compliance, standards, and processes according to insurance industry best practices for all lines of business.
- Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and efficacy to achieve enterprise objectives.
- Support and contribute to plans for retirement of data and application technical debt.
- Demonstrated capability of building strong working relationships with team, stakeholders, and leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated consultative, influence and problem-solving skills
- Able to prioritize requests from different stakeholders with competing demands
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amongst uncertainty
- Working experience with large-scale enterprise information systems and software
- Working experience with relational databases, query tools and business intelligence platforms (i.e. TIBCO Data Virtualization, Snowflake, SAS, Power BI)
- Working experience with one or more programming languages, SQL or report development
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years experience in data management, data governance, quality assurance testing and/or ETL
- 1-2 years experience in project management preferred.
- 1-2 years experience with SAS, Power BI, Snowflake and/or AWS products preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.