Senior Analyst, Product Analysis, Product Intelligence
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Global Risk Solutions North America Actuarial & Analytics is in search of a high-performing, data-driven, analytical individual to join the Analytics Product Intelligence team. As a key part of the Global Risk Solutions (GRS) strategic business unit, GRS North America is committed to becoming an elite underwriting organization, in pursuit of making GRS a Top 5 Global Commercial P&C insurer. The Product Intelligence team delivers strategic insights, through the line of business lens, to support profitability. In this role, you will be focused on delivering diagnostic and predictive analytics for the General & Excess Liability lines of business in the GRS NA portfolio. This individual will closely partner and collaborate across many teams, including Product, Strategy & Insights, and our various Field partners, in order to enable GRS NA to out-select competitors. GRS NA Actuarial & Analytics is a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting work environment centered on team work that allows everyone's individual talents to cultivate and flourish.
*This is a range posting, position offered will be determined by the Hiring Manager based on individual experience level
In this role, you can expect to:
Demonstrate Data Agility (aka. Be a Data Ninja) -
- Source, query, and assess data across multiple systems and platforms with agility and integrity
- Leverage advanced analytical tools (i.e. SAS, R, Python) to assess large, complex, and unstructured data sets
- Help advance the Analytics departments data strategy through data enablement efforts
Thrive Solving Ambiguous Problems -
- Conduct moderate to high complexity analysis under general or minimal direction
- Apply sound business and product acumen with technical analysis; be able to connect the dots between data and strategy
- Based on analysis, provide key insights and prescriptive recommendations to shape go-forward business decisions for GRS NA leadership
- Closely monitor performance/results and its impacts on planned initiatives, drive execution while encouraging nimbleness across multiple product lines
Be a Great Teammate Everyday -
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with all stakeholders be accountable and provide best-in-class service
- Openly and authentically share thoughts and opinions while also being a proactive listener
- Focus on advancing your analytics capabilities
We are looking for a candidate that has:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, Economics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Actuarial Science)
- Knowledge of Product Management with at least 5 years of relevant experience and a track record of progressively more challenging work
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the proven ability to make data-driven decisions
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis software (e.g., SAS, SQL, Python, R) and analytical skills (e.g. financial analysis, big data, predictive modeling, prescriptive analytics, scenario planning)
- Candidate displays intellectual curiosity, pro-active problem-solving skills, and motivation to work towards becoming a thought leader in areas of responsibility
- Ability to foster and encourage teamwork and productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organizational lines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside the organization
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction.
- As subject matter expert for assigned states, completes state reviews and similar work for basic states independently and for complex states or countrywide programs under general direction.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and builds simple tools and queries for others to use.
- Provides recommendations to training and processes to manager.
- Provides complex analysis to help drive and support business decisions.
- Provides thoughtful recommendations to state teams on pricing, strategy, etc.
- Consults on complex business issues and design considerations.
- Educates IT partners on business vision and plan, and both IT and business partners on the impact of changes.
- Serves as point person for moderate to high complexity country wide implementations.
- Leads own work streams on medium to long-term or moderate to high complexity projects. May manage aspects of low to moderate complexity projects.
- Based on strong understanding of how competitor actions impact marketplace, distribution channel and customers, conducts in depth research of competitor filings utilizing various sources. Research may be at the state, competitor or countrywide level.
- Through research, identifies and proposes changes to our product offerings.
- Analyzes trends and is responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations.
- May create and/or be owner of training material content.
- May create formal training sessions and modules.
- Actively shares job knowledge with less experienced analysts.
- Leads job shadow discussions with less experienced analysts.
- Provides technical training and user support to business groups.
- May be assigned to mentor a new hire.
- May supervise interns.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field. Minimum 3 years, typically 4 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.