Principal Infrastructure Engineer Cloud/Network
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Digital Services organization is looking to hire a Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join their Global Network Communications team. Our engineers require a deep understanding and experience in data center technologies, global cloud routing and designing large scale enterprise networks. This candidate will be an expert and leader with demonstrated hands on experience in designing, planning, and implementing enterprise data center network solutions and modernizing infrastructure through software defined technologies. We are looking for a candidate with a growth mindset, that has forward-thinking network and software skills, is experienced with working in global environments, and is a strong communicator and critical thinker. You will be part of a team responsible for modernizing our network infrastructure and enhancing our business cloud capabilities through software. You will utilize your creativity, innovative and analytical skills in managing, monitoring and transforming our private and public cloud environments. The right candidate will have a passion for network health and performance metrics and experience with open source tools for mining KPI data and providing enhanced dashboard visibility into the health and performance of the network.
About the job
- A knowledgeable, experienced, technical member of an agile scrum team.
- Consults with client and development area management and staff in the design and implementation of new or modified networks.
- Develops systems specifications, technical implementation plans and coordinates complex installation projects with clients, development staff, network engineering and vendors.
- Works closely with team Scrum Master and Product Owner to plan how best to accomplish the goals of the Product.
- May define product objectives, scope and direction together with an agile team. Performs Quality Acceptance Testing.
- Seeks improvements in system performance, security, capacity, scalability and cost for GNC Products.
- Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals, conducts network studies and traffic analyses, develops network architectures, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations which reduce costs or improve service.
- Participates with vendors and common carriers and network engineering in the identification and resolution of complex network problems.
- May participate in capacity performance monitoring.
- Depicts highly complex technical ideas, issues and designs with sensitivity to varied audiences.
- Consults on complex technical issues.
- Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Network Infrastructure Design and Engineering.
- In-depth knowledge and experience working with Cisco Data Center, Campus and Branch Office network hardware, including ACI, NXoS, IOS operating systems
- Software skills including Linux OS, API knowledge, Python, EEM scripts, Java.
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization. Using open source tools, ELK stack, Grafana, TensorFlow
- Experience working with Ansible playbooks in managing network infrastructure.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking, SDWAN, SDDC implementations.
- General Knowledge of public cloud architecture and operations, AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, QoS, routing protocols and Internet routing architectures, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, WAN design and operations.
- Strong demonstrated troubleshooting skills using packet capture tools, Netflow, SNMP, Syslog, Splunk, Telemetry data.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively as a Scrum Agile squad member.
- Experienced in leading complex network projects.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.