Director, Planning & Analysis
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Manages financial planning and analysis and reporting for North America. Operates in a deadline focused environment with ultimate responsibility for the quality of the work. Possesses the vision and financial acumen to collaborate with the business leaders to establish and execute on the strategic direction for North America. Uses superior communication skills to influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization, including making persuasive presentation to increasingly large audiences. Responsible for developing employees with the capabilities needed to meet the current and future objectives of the enterprise. Fosters an environment of continuous improvement, initiating and/or leading cross-functional projects to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
- Hires, develops, provides coaching to, and makes compensation recommendations for, assigned staff. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with project and unit objectives.
- Responsible for the development of accurate, complete budgets and financial plans by a complex finance operation. Collaborates with management to coordinate the planning process, understand business drivers of financial trends, highlight opportunities for improvement and create meaningful management exhibits.
- Guides other team members in developing highly complex ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, ensuring that trends and outcomes are communicated appropriately to senior management.
- Oversees the completion of highly complex ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, ensuring that trends and outcomes are communicated appropriately to senior management.
- Provides sound financial advice to business units or other departments, anticipating the financial impact of changes in the business environment and making recommendations to improve business outcomes.
- Acts as the financial advisor to strategic business units or other departments, anticipating the financial impact of changes in the business environment and making recommendations to improve business outcomes.
- Understands the interdependencies of financial systems, prioritizing and implementing enhancements and planning appropriately for changes.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement, initiating and/or leading cross-functional projects to improve efficiency or effectiveness. Uses increasing insight to identify and implement improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the work performed. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team`s responsibilities.
BS degree in finance, business or accounting, or equivalent experience. CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred. 10-15 years of experience, including proven P&C industry experience and management responsibility.