Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe Salesforce Data Analytics Analyst will work closely with the Salesforce Platform and neighboring data teams. You will be responsible for providing operational and strategic level analytical support to various Business Units at Travelers.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate excellent judgement, work well under pressure, prioritize effectively and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands and supports a complex data model, across multiple lines of business
- Understands how sales information is interrelated based on the underlying data model
- Realizes when existing fields are serving similar purposes, championing the mindset of 'common as possible and unique as necessary'
- Understands how security & our UI impacts information usage and can assess when fields are of limited to no use to the business
- Understands Salesforce-specific data modelling concepts (not required, but definitely a plus)
- Applies and adheres to existing standards for object creation and maintenance
- Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Independently review, prepare, design and integrate complex (type, quality, volume) data, correcting problems and recommend data cleansing/quality solutions to issues. Review unfamiliar data sources.
- Develop moderate data derivations and apply with complex business transformation rules and data requirements.
- Perform analysis of complex (type, quality, volume) sources to determine value and use. Determine and recommend data to include in analytical projects.
- Create moderate (technology and features) data visualization techniques to help support data exploration.
- Occasionally present data visualizations to help support data exploration.
- Data Solutions & Analytic Implementations:
- Lead the operationalizing and automation of complex data (more systems, data sets and streams, size of data sets more substantial) products into business.
- Establish frameworks to acquire, integrate and operationalize data.
- Build, test, and implement complex analytic business processes, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and/or enhancements.
- Data Culture:
- Present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
- Work within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Incorporate core data management competencies - data governance, data security, data quality.
- Independently train business users on data products/analytic environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Four years of data engineering or equivalent experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Experience with Salesforce, data analysis and communications with various stakeholders
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- The ability to deliver work at a steady, predictable pace to achieve commitments, decompose work assignments into small batch releases, and contribute to tradeoff and negotiation discussions.
- Demonstrated track record of domain expertise including the ability to understand technical concepts and possess in-depth knowledge of immediate systems worked on.
- Proven problem solving skills including debugging skills, allowing you to determine source of issues in unfamiliar code or systems and the ability to recognize and solve repetitive problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with team members and business partners.
- Leadership - Intermediate leadership skills with a proven track record of self-motivation in identifying personal growth opportunities.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.