Commercial Lines Middle Market Field Manager
Salary, Bonus Incentive, Benefits, 401k and Pension
Current Opening in Pennsylvania Market
Strength, stability, and a strong reputation are traits that have endured through Westfield’s almost 175 years in the P&C insurance market. Our Commercial Lines team has partnered with companies of all sizes to work through the challenges, and celebrate the triumphs, to help those businesses gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Essential functions of our Commercial Lines Middle Market Field Manager:
- Represents the company and is responsible for building strong relationships with Middle Market producers and uses a sales process to build an account inventory of new business well in advance of the expiration date to achieve profit and revenue objectives.
- Underwrites and collaborates on Commercial Middle Market accounts, large and/or complex Commercial Lines accounts with package premium of $25,000 and above. Pre-qualifies customers and leads the account team to analyze new business opportunities from an exposure, pricing, service, and sales perspective, engaging all of the resources available to them. Evaluates exposures to loss, determines pricing, and accepts or rejects accounts on behalf of the company based on the company’s underwriting guidelines. Makes responsible decisions regarding risk acceptability and pricing. Documents details of underwriting decisions, while maintaining all supporting information, records, and data in accordance with audit standards. Utilizes all the present and future underwriting tools and resources (i.e., Reference Connect).
- Responsible for involving other internal business partners (Claims, Risk Control, Premium Audit, Underwriting, CUO Line of Business Leaders, Billing, etc.) in the prospecting, sales, and underwriting process as well as for servicing the account. Discusses new accounts in the pipeline on a monthly basis with the Region Leader, reviews opportunity and best approach for account. Establishes an underwriting relationship with policyholders.
- Acts as the Account Steward in the first year of a new policy, making sure that we live up to the commitments on the account. Responsible for standard scheduled periodic communication with the buyer to make sure we are meeting their services expectations. Provides a warm handoff to the underwriter after the first year renewal, and thereafter takes a collaborative vested interest in the renewal of all Middle Market accounts in his/her defined territory.
- Contributes to monthly renewal strategy discussions with underwriting and services team to develop renewal strategy for individual Middle Market renewals. Prior to renewal, discusses the renewal strategy with the agent and assists in delivering renewal as needed. Is a subject matter expert in the department regarding large premium accounts, market conditions, and competitors.
- Works to develop and build upon relationships with key agency personnel. Acts as the key contact for specified agencies, leading agency business planning, account inventory management, and managing the book of business to attain profit and revenue objectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.