This position offers an optional hybrid work schedule, with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
Are you looking to kick-start your career at a company that is committed to your long-term success? Do you enjoy building relationships and working as part of a team while also working independently? Join our team as a Small Business Underwriter.
As a Small Business Underwriter, you will build a profitable book of business specializing in commercial trucking. With underwriting goals, growth, and premium objectives in mind, you will select and monitor risk while maintaining quality business relationships.
- Directly impact the profitability and success of our business.
- Underwrite, determine price, and rate endorsements.
- Have autonomy in your work and manage your book of business in a fast-paced environment.
- Become a trusted partner with our agents and insureds through your relationship-building skills.
- Participate in a training program that includes one-on-one mentoring, classroom instruction, and self-study.
- Prior experience in sales, a position building relationships, or experience in insurance is desirable, but not required.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to analyze risk.
- The ability to identify customer needs and market Great West products and services to them.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A focus on achieving a positive work-life balance.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence including maternity/paternity leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (e.g. Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Who we are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.