Solutions Engineer, Software
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual working in our Telematics space, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of business products that are based on our customers driving behavior, driving our long-term technical strategies, while working in a fast paced agile environment with high visibility, and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture migrations or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical chops while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability
- Ten years of related software engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary frameworks and emerging technologies
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments including a scaling framework (SAFE)
- A history of practicing DevOps and SecOps
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including knowledge of global business, technology trends and the financial services industry
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, collaboration, consensus building and influencing capabilities
- Strong proficiency with event-driven architectures and integration with API exposing microservices
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- Experience developing or architecting cloud-hosted, event-driven architecture
- Strong background in code review
- Deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured SDLC processes
- Understanding of data ingestion and cloud-scale data sets
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.