Director, Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA)
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds - the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise, and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs), working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
Reporting directly to Managing Director, Strategy & Asset Allocation, the candidate will work to develop thematic and actionable views across Fixed Income and Equities. The candidate will influence Investment strategy and asset allocation decisions as well as build and execute cross asset relative value framework across public and private markets for LMI's global portfolio. The candidate will be expected to partner with Investments leadership to help drive a OnePortfolio culture and to contribute to and cultivate investment excellence across the platform. In addition, the candidate will serve as a macro and cross asset research expert to the broader investment organization, including both asset managers and senior leadership. It is expected that this role will influence strategy and decisions made in all areas of the investment organization.
Summary of Key Functions / Responsibilities
- Play a key a role in a high performing team in driving macro, thematic and cross asset views impacting strategy and asset allocation across the platform and influence investment strategies incorporating unique constraints of insurance investment management
- Work collaboratively across the LMI platform to research and impact potential investments across new and innovative asset classes / return streams
- Effectively communicate research insights and findings to the broader organization and to senior management
- Think deeply and distill complex information through impactful writing and presentations impacting the investment landscape
- Steer, build, and continuously raise professionalism of the team's extensive engagement agenda across multiple topics impacting a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee the development of value-add tools to enhance the asset allocation processes, as well as strategies for public and private asset classes
- Partner with talented quantitatively oriented teammates to research of and influence quantitative strategies incorporating unique constraints of insurance investment management
- Collaborate on analysis relevant to the investment portfolio with other areas of LMI, including Risk Management, Global Partnerships & Innovations, and Global Fixed Income
Summary of Qualifications/Attributes
- A culture carrier; capable and committed to diverse talent development and people management
- Cross asset expertise across Public and Private assets across Fixed income and Equities in Developed and Emerging markets.
- Demonstrated outstanding ability to establish, manage, and leverage relationships across the organization and with the outside partners/stakeholders
- Deep and multidimensional understanding of financial markets, financial modeling, risk management, and numerical methods
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to influence others to achieve results
- Strategic thought leader with demonstrated ability to develop quantitative models and tools to support complex decision-making processes
- Understanding of insurance investing and constraints will be beneficial
We value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.