Business Lines Territory Manager
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Owns and manages an assigned territory, driving profitable premium growth to achieve financial and operational goals. Under limited to moderate supervision, manages broad and diverse agency partnerships, handles 200+ agency storefronts potentially over multiple states, and optimizes territory performance. Creates, implements and executes territory and agency strategies to achieve goals using all company programs, tools and resources while collaborating with internal business partners. Conducts agency outreach primarily virtually, via audio or video conferences, supplemented by email and other digital media.
Line of business emphasis on business lines, working across a wide breadth of commercial products, coverages and market appetite. Works closely with agents and brokers to drive flow of small commercial business. Balances engagement with agents and brokers to secure larger targeted accounts and managing account pipeline end-to-end. Manages renewal processes and works across multiple underwriting segments.
1. Owns and manages assigned territory driving profitable growth to achieve financial and operational targets.
2. Leads territory and agency management processes across multiple territories (e.g. Agency prospecting, business planning, engagement, training, compensation, plant optimization, etc).
3. Builds and cultivates mutually beneficial agency partnerships virtually with agency ownership, management and frontline staff. Establishes position as a trusted advisor while delivering product, underwriting philosophy, appetite and system training, support retention and new business development to increase depth and maximize agency revenue.
4. Using agency analysis, insights, internal partner feedback and local marketplace expertise creates and executes high-quality agency strategies to achieve direct written premium, profit and new business goals. Plans include strategic and tactical components and are aligned withkey Personal Lines or Business Lines business strategies including carrier consolidation (book transfer), agency plant expansion, agency marketing & service programs and new product/program rollout support.
5. Under limited to moderate supervision, drives and ensures quality of new business flow, appropriate book mix, and overall risk management of both individual agency books and overall assigned territory. Provides appetite and target market clarity, identifies and addresses profit or quality of business concerns to ensure profitability across territory.
6. Collaborates, influences and supports internal business partners (underwriting/product management/claims/risk control) to identify and capitalize on opportunities, solve problems, share key competitor and industry intel and provide voice of our agent/customer. Collaborates with Personal Lines (PL) or Business Lines (BL) counterparts to effectively partner with shared agency assignments.
7. Strategically utilizes internal and external programs and tools designed to support the Independent Agent channel and Territory Manager agency management including all marketing and development programs, new business development tools and internal production/profitability data and analysis.
8. Provides guidance on agency initiatives and contributes ideas for continuous improvement. 9. Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors` Degree or equivalent industry experience. Minimum three+ years of insurance experience within a carrier or agency.
- Knowledge of company services, products, marketing techniques/principles and insurance industry trends.
- Exposure of revenue growth and sales success in a prior role.
- Proven success in developing and building partnerships, decision making and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of the business including production management, claims, loss prevention, underwriting, administration, sales operations and agency business operations.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, timing, tact and negotiation skills. High degree of customer focus, interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving.
- Strong analytical thinking, business analytics and business development skills. Strong time management and team orientation skills.
- Must be licensed by the state if required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% with occasional overnight travel.