Senior/Principal Software Engineer -Campaign Lead Management
We deliver our customers peace of mind every single day by helping them protect what they value most. Our real passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
You will have direct impact to Liberty campaign lead management portfolio of applications and services that deliver $1B in annual premium. This portfolio is responsible for the applications that generate leads for our Field Sales & Service, Exclusive Agents, DRC and Strategic Partner organizations with high potential new business growth opportunities through data analytics.
About the Job:
You will be part of a decentralized agile lean team that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to lead change as we continue our cloud transformational journey. You will have opportunity to mentor engineers and work closely with world-class technology experts and industry influential leaders.
We are looking for strong talents and technical experts to help us drive the vision of our architecture with an appetite to grow as a technology leader.
Desired development skills:
- Experience developing and leading engineers in modernizing web applications, tools and services for cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience with React.js, vuejs or Angular.js; Java and/or Node.js
- Experience with event-driven architectures (capturing, routing and processing) and messaging technologies (Ex: Kafka).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Demonstrates active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, etc.)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development. Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using analytics data and understanding how these drives hypotheses-based development.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership.
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Eight or more years of software engineering experience
- Strong background in business operations and strategies, including global technology and financial services trends
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architectures, designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and consensus-building capabilities
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for working in teams
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts and principles
- A deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Awareness of policies regarding security and privacy
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics and incremental delivery
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.