Senior Salesforce Software Engineer / Salesforce Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every single day by helping them protect what they value most. Our real passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a groundbreaking shift at Liberty Mutual which is a Fortune 100 company. We are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Are you a Software Engineer or Senior Software Developer with Salesforce.com experience looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, we want you to join our Global Retail Markets team and own the design, build, and evolution of our Salesforce.com applications. You'll have the opportunity to work on one of the world's most innovative platforms and have a direct impact on our customers. You will be working in a supportive and dynamic team and will enjoy numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge and skills. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for the Salesforce Platform to our company and enjoy excellent pay and benefits, and generous and unrivaled development opportunities.
You'll be responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation within our Salesforce instances. Independent Agency has a suite of Liberty Mutual technology products, including proprietary applications which are built on the Salesforce.com platform.
This is a range posting and may be filled as a Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer depending on experience level.
In this role you will:
- Design, Configure, and Develop solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
- Lead daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
- Effectively communicate with management, scrum master, test engineers, product owners, and other agile team members to design strategies that ensure the continued growth and innovation of the platform
- Provide system administration and lead development support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflows, and be able to effectively communicate how to tackle problems and exceed our customers' requirements
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including Marketing, Sales, Claims, and Information Management to ensure Salesforce environment supports the customers' needs relating to functionality and performance
- Develop maintainable/scalable, effective, defect-free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Conduct unit test case development and highly complex test scripts
- Conduct impact analysis
- Develop component design and system/application architecture
- Support the production support transition and implementation phases responsible for overall success of the project.
- Work within project team to lead iterative development that delivers a high-quality product.
- Support interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develop and lead the production of support documentation.
- Plan work out appropriately, effectively communicating and responding to escalations/inquiries.
- Identify and implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Complete other project work or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience. Knowledge of Salesforce concepts, strategies and methodologies preferred.
- Highly proficient in multiple Object-Oriented programming languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Salesforce Developer Certifications helpful, development and integration, including Lightning, Visualforce and Apex
- Previous experience with AWS and Java is a plus
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies. Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Experienced in layered systems architectures solutions, designs and shared software concepts.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.