Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, the Regional Inside Sales Director (RSD) assists in strategic management of the agency plant and has primary responsibility for inside sales strategy and business development driving profitable growth for the assigned territory. This position manages others. Responsible for hiring, coaching and mentoring Inside Sales Executives and Sr. Inside Sales Executives to achieve Regional goals. Manager Defined as: Responsible for setting work objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance. Typically involved in compensation decisions. Employees have a formal reporting relationship to this job.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- In partnership with Regional Vice President, identifies potential candidates for employment, interviews, and selects top talent for organization, focusing on building enterprise-wide bench strength.
- Facilitates new hire training by ensuring employees know about and are enrolled in all applicable instruction to position them for success in the job.
- Regularly reviews Inside Sales Executive call reports, BAMM, and Agent follow-up activity and communicates feedback on a timely basis to employees on strengths and opportunities.
- Enforces the ethical and legal standards of The Travelers with agents and employees.
- Holds regular business meetings with staff to communicate information and solicit input.
- Offers employees opportunities to develop leadership and presentation skills by encouraging them to take an active role in content and delivery.
- Coordinates sales planning and quarterly performance reviews with Inside Sales Executives, identifying gaps and devising action plans with Inside Sales Executives to drive goal achievement.
- Holds employees accountable for behavior and performance. Generally manages up to 10 dedicated Inside Sales Executives.
- Analyzes regional market, distribution channel and product offerings, identifies gaps and strategic opportunities, and works with business partners (Product Management, Finance, Business Center, Agency Automation) on plan to increase market share and drive profitable growth for Personal Lines.
- Manages distribution channel by creating and monitoring agency plans and results.
- Represents regional agency council meetings.
- Coordinates communication to agents and brokers to provide consistent and timely information, as well as to Regional Vice President, Regional Finance Officer, and Product Management regarding issues and opportunities within the distribution system.
- Acts as prime resource for competitive intelligence and distribution channel information for the region.
- Facilitates identification of prospects, negotiating, appointing and closing of agencies with Inside Sales Executives.
- Identifies business development and cross-selling opportunities involving cross/multiple business units, states, or regions to maximize market penetration.
- Meets with agents to discuss business opportunities with Travelers.
- Facilitates with Inside Sales Executives changes to agency contracts and coordination of agency profit sharing activities.
- Remains knowledgeable of agency financial stability and facilitates appropriate action to be taken with agencies.
- Serves as liaison on contracts, licensing, agency databases, profit sharing, data reporting, web-site management, and e-commerce strategy by sharing information and guiding people to appropriate resources.
- Leverage Differences.
- Manage in participative manner.
- Develop employees.
- Manage change effectively.
- Participates on Field and Home Office teams, groups, and committees to represent Inside Sales and/or Regional Inside Sales Director perspective.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional sales experience within the Insurance Industry is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- BA/BS degree in Sales/marketing preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to:
- Lead & Motivate others.
- Coach & developing others.
- Drive for results.
- Influence & persuade.
- Think strategically.
- Focus on distribution.
- Plan & organize.
- Use decisive judgment.
- Act with integrity.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.