Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe VP, Workforce Analytics is responsible for providing human capital insights through workforce metrics, dashboards, and advanced analytics. This collaborative, forwarding thinking individual will design and enhance our Workforce Analytics strategy while leading a broader cross-functional team that provides Business and Human Resources (HR) leaders with the tools and insights needed to make data-driven strategic decisions that drive business results.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead Workforce Analytics team to provide insights that enable business decisions, predict and measure business impact, improve performance, and advance the use and understanding of complex analytical techniques and statistical, critical thinking across HR.
- Create and/or execute the Workforce Analytics vision and strategy, enabling solutions that cut across the entire employee lifecycle, in alignment with HR and business leadership priorities.
- Through close collaboration with other functions, develop a multi-disciplinary roadmap to significantly enhance our reporting and analytics capabilities, considering the appropriate data architecture, tools and technologies; create appropriate business cases to secure funding.
- Partner across HR to develop a standard set of key performance indicators, robust self-service reporting capability and manager dashboards in Workday.
- Utilize knowledge of business and data to discover and/or anticipate problems or opportunities where data can be leveraged to address the need. Work with HR leadership to develop recommendations to close data gaps.
- Transform large amounts of data into compelling visual stories to facilitate analysis and business decision-making, using data visualization tools. Ensure that the information is presented in a visually clear, concise, and business-relevant manner to senior leadership level stakeholders.
- Leverage tools and processes to provide standard reports and analyses in a cost efficient and timely manner. Move rapidly from providing standard reports to providing analytics to drive insights and interventions.
- Provide thought leadership to HR and business leaders on advanced/predictive analytics opportunities, staying abreast of emerging technology and methodologies through a close partnership with other enterprise functions (like Technology, Data and Analytics groups)
- Lead and develop a team of business intelligence professions by defining a clear vision for Workforce Analytics, jointly developing an aligned roadmap of capabilities, setting team goals, managing team performance and providing ongoing support and mentorship.
- BA or BS in a related field.
- 8 years of related analytical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- MA or MS preferred.
- 10 years of professional experience in a quantitative or analytics role such as Workforce Analytics, Data Science, or People Analytics.
- 10 years of leadership experience developing professional staff and leading cross functional project teams.
- Exposure and understanding of reporting and HR systems. Specific experience with the Workday reporting and Prism analytics tools a plus.
- Experience synthesizing quantitative and qualitative analysis into understandable, actionable recommendations and connecting Human Resources insights to business impact.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with analytic and non-analytic business partners, including executive leadership.
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Collaborative team player with exceptional analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Integrity, advanced professionalism and ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company and employee information
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Experience with data analytics using Python, R, Business Intelligence and Visualization tools.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.