At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
As part of the general ledger accounting team, will be responsible for the performance of month end close processes and providing insightful analysis in a deadline focused environment. The individual will need to be able to work in a team oriented environment to gather information and resolve issues as they arise. Uses increasing business acumen and analytical expertise to perform ad hoc financial analysis and effectively communicates accounting issues to our business partners . Leads efforts to continuously improve processes to increase the speed and effectiveness of financial analysis.
Performs functions of maintaining the general ledger, ensuring financial controls are working as designed, documenting key processes and actively involved in GAAP and Statutory accounting and reporting. Creates complex management reports and associated analyses that explain financial results as well as investigates discrepancies and trends to identify business drivers of results. May review the analysis and reports developed by other teammates. Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with others in implementing them. Leads or actively participates in increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities. Fosters the development of teammates by sharing expertise and experience through colloboration and training.
- Prepare complex financial reports utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare and/or input general ledger entries by utilizing set procedures and various accounting systems.
- Research complex accounting treatment and policies by utilizing available technology and other resources.
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent.
- Provide customer service to internal and external groups.
- Review financial reports for accuracy and ensure timely preparation.
- Prepare analysis and be prepared to provide explanations for unusual and/or inconsistent trends.
- Suggest process improvement initiatives and provide solutions to enhance current processes.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to create alignment and ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Possesses a solid understanding of accounting principles.
Statutory Accounting and Reporting
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Occasional travel to New York or Boston