At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Finance Technology team is looking to hire a Configuration Engineer to their Agile team. Under limited supervision, this team member will be responsible for analyzing and configuring modules and programs within our Technology Finance cost management portfolio. Responsibilities include modifying, testing, debugging, maintaining, and enhancing existing programs.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 14. However, candidates will be considered for Grade 13 and Grade 14 roles in the Configuration Engineer Job family. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
About the job:
- Configures modules according to customer feedback and design specs, and demonstrates a proficient understanding of financial transactions and major configuration options for a business process. Supports modules and data transfer within the Technology Finance portfolio: Apptio, Hyperion Essbase, and Nicus tools.
- Supports Technology Finance clients during monthly book close, including the charge back process and yearly budget planning.
- Works with cross functional teams including peers, product owner, business, vendors, SBUs and offshore contractors to deliver highest value business functionality.
- Documents technical and product standards and procedures.
- Identifies designs for functional and technical requirements (e.g., gap analysis, infrastructure, interfaces, reports, enhancements, and/or conversions).
- Identifies process improvements and prepares technology enabled recommendations that address functional and package technology gaps within a business process.
- Supports test strategy and planning. Develops test scripts and assists coordinating test transactional data creation. Identifies and researches testing defects.
- Supports pieces of the implementation process such as identifying and communicating user impact, post implementation support, cutover plans, any issues/defects, transition planning, and knowledge sharing efforts. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Identifies the interdependencies within the application to ensure development of new or modifications to existing functionality does not negatively impact the system or business processes.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience. Generally, 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong oral and written communication & presentation skills; specifically, with end-users, internal and external technical individuals, and leadership teams. Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Experience providing production support including troubleshooting issues, requirements gathering and solution design for enhancement requests, as well as implementing the solution via configuration, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of general IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies. Business function(s) and of business operations. Design and development tools. Architectures and technical standards.
- Thorough knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Scripting skills, experience supporting financial systems, and Technology Business Management (TBM) knowledge not required, but preferred.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Agile practices: backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery. Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.