Field Legal Secretary I
- Prepare, thorough transcription of written or recorded documents, standard legal documents i.e., contracts, briefs, motions, summonses etc.
- Handle routine inquiries in Attorney's absence i.e., negotiates extensions of time.
- Manage attorney's calendar through Legal Files i.e., schedules appointments, coordinates depositions and appearances.
- Resolve scheduling conflicts with Attorney's approval.
- Use computer applications to the fullest degree.
- Answer select telephone inquiries based on knowledge of case.
- Respond to written or telephone inquiries with a standard letter.
- Establish, maintains, and when necessary, revises attorney's files.
- Perform additional duties as requested such as: arrange medical exams; maintain lists of witnesses, subpoenas, fees, etc.;
- Request fees for payment from Claims department and or CLBU; participate in arranging attorney's files for easy access during trials; inform witnesses of scheduled court appearances; miscellaneous duties.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls respond to inquiries on a variety of matters such as the status of pending cases
- May respond to inquiries with a standard letter
- Prepares standard legal documents utilizing templates
- Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content
- Ensures legal documents contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance files legal documents with proper courts
- Prepares and assembles materials, documents, and exhibits for meetings, court appearances, and hearings including electronic media and technology used within the office and court system
- Sorts, opens, logs, and distributes incoming mail to staff attaches incoming correspondence to case file and related materials needed for action with use of office technology and document management systems as needed
- Manages attorney's calendar through Legal Files e.g., schedules appointments, coordinates depositions and appearances
- Resolves scheduling conflicts with attorney's approval
- Performs additional duties as requested such as: Requests fees for payment from Claims department
- Informs witnesses of scheduled court appearances miscellaneous other duties, including the maintenance and use of electronic document management systems.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.