Director, Product Analysis
The Product Evaluation team within Product Economics is seeking a Director to lead program evaluations of product launches for Personal Lines. This is an exciting role that provides an opportunity to work with many types of products across lines of business, including Auto, Home, Safeco, Small Business and Certainly. Given the expansive nature of these products, this role will present ambiguous challenges that require strong technical and problem-solving skills to find actionable insights. The role will also require the ability to influence stakeholders and senior leadership on how we can make our products best-in-class.
*This is a ranged posting. Role offered will be based on skills and experience at manager discretion.**
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner with stakeholders to prioritize the evaluation of new product launches and existing product enhancements
- Independently manage analytical evaluations by understanding the scope of new initiatives, identifying KPIs, using advanced analytical techniques to determine post-launch business impacts, and then driving action to address any potential issues or opportunities
- Leverage teams throughout Economics to provide evaluation support with available analytical and modeling toolkits
- Collaborate and build partnerships throughout the respective organization to ensure that evaluation recommendations are appropriate, actionable and attainable
- Help the Product Evaluation team build the science' by introducing new skills, capabilities and technologies
- Influence stakeholders on how to best use monitoring and evaluations to deliver the best possible business outcomes
- Conduct high complexity analysis under minimal direction.
- Query data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and answer advanced business questions and builds advanced tools and queries for others to use.
- Provide thoughtful recommendations that influence countrywide decisions, initiatives and help drive corporate strategy.
- Consult on complex business issues and design considerations.
- Analyze trends and be responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge of insurance concepts, particularly pricing programs, distribution and underwriting preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and comfort working with ambiguous challenges.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and an independent desire to build relationships throughout the Product organization.
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
Additional responsibilities that may be required in this role:
- Leads extremely complex analysis.
- Serves as the Product SME for economics and other departments for overall product related guidance and completes reviews and similar work for complex states or countrywide programs independently.
- Directs product analysts in the building of new tools (spreadsheets, modeling tools, databases, reporting and other templates).
- Manages moderate to high complexity multi-function projects, often including managing the work stream of others. Occasionally sponsors projects.
- Using information gathered from analysis and research, provides franchise tactical and strategic recommendations on a countrywide basis for assigned states, lines of business or distribution channels.
- Assist in designing changes to franchise models for unique states.
- Provide recommendations to state teams on high level actions.
- Recommendations are made on process improvements, new products, profit, and growth improvement actions for assigned lines of business.
- Regularly presents research, recommendations and initiatives to Economics and other cross functional departments.
- Occasionally presents research, recommendations and initiatives to Chief Product Officer and other Sr. Leadership.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on competitor activity.
- Directs Product Analysts on competitive research activities.
- Directs Product Analysts in the review of industry publications and news articles.
- Provides summaries of industry and competitive information to Economics, Product leadership, Chief Product Officer and other Sr. leadership.
- Utilizes research to determine tactical and occasionally strategic direction for assigned lines of business or distribution channels.
- Occasionally seeks out opportunities to guide or teach the broader team.
- Proactively seeks out mentorship opportunities with less experienced analysts.
- Actively mentors analysts thru complex analysis, drawing of conclusions and development of recommendations.
- Conducts behavioral and case interviews.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Minimum 7, typically 10 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Master's degree and/or ACAS or similar designation beneficial.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS mandatory; Snowflake, Power BI, Python desirable).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Experience managing projects preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.