Senior Data Engineer/Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer/Data Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
Our Data & Analytics Engineering is actively searching for a highly productive member of a distributed, dynamic agile team to serve as a technical expert in analysis, design, coding, and testing innovative data reporting solutions and analytics. This position will support the growing Data Science community in Global Retail Markets (GRM).
In this role you will work collaboratively on an agile team to develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from user stories and technical/architectural specifications. You will analyze complex technical system problems and create innovative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment as we continue our agile transformation journey. You will have the opportunity to help lead this change with us as we grow this culture, mindset and capability.
Note: This is a range posting, candidates will be considered at the Data Engineer and Senior Data Engineer level.
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Engineers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners to develop creative data-driven solutions that meet business and technical initiatives
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current Data Science and modeling data needs as well as building out the long-term strategic data solutions using AWS, Java, Python, Lambda, as well as other modern data technologies
- Design and develop programs and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of complex enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Analyze data and technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Mentor new and junior developers
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Experience developing back end, data warehouse technology solutions
- Experience developing front end interfaces using React
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms including Teradata, DB2 (Cloud based DB a plus)
- Experience with AWS (such as S3, Snowflake, Athena, EMR)
- Experience with key value storage data concepts (DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with version control (Atlassian Bitbucket)
- Experience with UI/UX design thinking
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Test Engineers)
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Understanding of Cloud / Hybrid data architecture concepts
- Understanding of insurance industry and products
- Excited by trying new technology and learning new tools
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.