Manager, Commercial Claims
The Casualty Claims department within IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Manager of Commercial Claims. This role will provide leadership to staff handling general liability and commercial auto litigated and non-litigated cases. This role can be located in Omaha, Nebraska location.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Studies schedules and estimates time, cost, and labor estimates for products, services, and/or completion of job assignments. Coordinates workflow between various functions.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring team and individual work activities, in order to inform management of current status of those work activities.
- Analyzes department budget to identify budget needs and/or reductions, and may allocate operating budget funds.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet department deadlines.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of service, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Travel as needed to attend meetings.
- Supervise 6-8 claims adjusters.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelors' degree with 5+ years of relevant claims experience or equivalent.
- Equivalent is defined as 9+ years of relevant claims experience.
- Relevant claims experience is defined as commercial general liability experience and commercial auto.
- Must have 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Must have experience managing litigation adjusters.
- Must have experience managing remote employees
- Must have negotiation experience.
- Must have strong coverage experience.
- Must have experience identifying elements of fraud and identifying recovery opportunities.
- Must be able to travel.
- Litigation management preferred.
- Insurance designations such as AIC, ARM, CPCU preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Superior attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Who we are:
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships, and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative test result by 9am on Monday local time. All employees are required to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.