Solutions Engineer - Customer/Party API
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best
Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Solutions Engineer Customer and Party API, Global Retail Markets (GRM) US Technology
If you're a curious learner who wants to develop customer-centric solutions from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As an Solutions Engineer you will be aligned to an Agile squad building out our future state customer/party APIs with a primary focus of partnering with team(s) to execute on the customer vision, driving modernization efforts in legacy APIs, influencing the architecture roadmap, and helping develop and grow our development teams.
The insurance industry is complex, and we need a passionate, analytical technology professional to help our teams navigate through those complexities. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who thrives within a highly collaborative environment, values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change, as we continue our agile and cloud transformational journey.
The work we do is at the foundation of our customer strategy. There is an exciting mix of mature systems, cloud-native applications in production and active development, and many areas ripe for creative problem solving.
The customer domain is a key component of the Liberty Mutual strategy to provide our customers with broad, useful and competitively-priced insurance products and services to meet our their ever-changing needs. As we continue to make modernization a priority in this space, you would also be involved with other Solutions Engineers in conversations and planning around the future of customer and party efforts.
As the Customer/Party API Solutions Engineer, you will partner with the aligned Product Owner(s) to define the vision for the area, services, and capabilities developed and owned by the aligned squad. You will develop a deep understanding of the business needs and goals of a variety of internal and external customers. Orchestrating business priorities with organizational and team technical goals into short- and long-term plans makes for a constant flow of interesting, empowering work.
In this role, you would:
- Act as a Solutions Engineer working within legacy and modern architectures and frameworks while experimenting with newer technologies and tools.
- Develop cross department technical vision along with peer Solutions Engineers and architects.
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced with these newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Partner with the Product Owner(s) to develop and continually refine a roadmap that drives technology modernization alongside business priorities.
- Advocate for the adoption of the domain's offerings across the GRM US business and technology communities while frequently gathering customer feedback.
- Guide the development of the system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Propose improvements to increase process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plans and manages execution of architecture migrations.
- Support aligned team(s) with challenging or critical production support work as required.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements.
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- High proficiency with web / microservice design and engineering principles
- Familiarity with System of Engagement architectures and integration with APIs exposing microservices
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Engineers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Proficiency with defect analysis, debugging and monitoring tools and techniques
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- A servant leader mindset with the goal of enabling software engineers on aligned teams to make effective day-to-day decisions in the context of the team's vision, goals, and standards