ICW Group is hiring a Safety Consultant or Risk Management Consultant to identify and quantify policyholder Workers Compensation, Commercial Property, and/or Liability risks and communicate information internally. This position exists to develop risk identification and quantification approaches for the organizations' book of business, while mitigating risk for small to midsized policyholders in a manner that establishes positive relationships with customers and improves the results of the assigned book of business.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years Safety and/or Risk Management experience required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Commercial Multi Line experience preferred.
- Bakersfield, Santa Clarita, Tulare, Lancaster, Palmdale - can live anywhere within the territory
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partners with internal stakeholders in conducting research or accident investigations to sustain claims and underwriting initiatives.
- Identifies and quantifies Workers' Compensation (WC), Commercial Property and/or Liability risks for accounts with premiums ranging from $25,000 to $500,000.
- Schedules company surveys and account service plans within standard operating protocols to identify risk factors.
- Mitigates risk by initiating corrective actions recommendations and revises service plans.
Delivers risk management services to customers to mitigate risk, identify exposures and/or mitigate claim costs.
- Identifies key risks and mitigating factors such workflow, values, legal, ownership structure, professional reputation, customer base or industry segments including assessing business operations risks and analyzing business or company financial data.
- Recommends methods to control or reduce risk based on assessment to customer base.
- Documents and ensures communication of key risks with the preparation of financial documents, reports or data modeling.
Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to retain and augment industry knowledge and regulations surrounding risk management assignments.
- Provides training for clients on risk identification, quantification and control.
- Enforces required OSHA program training for business accounts.
- Consults with clients to answer queries and provide hands on assistance for subjects such as exposure, market scenarios or values-at-risk calculations to educate/assist clients on the varied topics regarding risk management.
- Confers financial literature to ensure use of the latest models or statistical techniques to provide cutting-edge services to companies.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Risk Management, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum 3 years of related experience in Risk Management or related field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), CPE, Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or other Master's Level designation preferred. In absence of Master's level designation, Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM), or Bachelor's level designation required. Valid, current driver's license is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working knowledge of risk management policies, practices and methodologies. Strong verbal communication skills. Superior organizational and time management skills. Basic level consulting and understanding of basic risk management concepts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information including codes and regulations. Technical aptitude and detail oriented. Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with others. Insurance industry acumen. Experience working in a collaborative environment. Critical thinking ability with influencing skills. Negotiating change to achieve optimal outcomes. Ability to give and receive coaching and feedback.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk and hear. Requires minimal to moderate level of car travel.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment. Required to travel within a set territory to each insureds' office location when necessary.