Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Our Cybersecurity Engineers form a diverse team of hands-on technical security professionals who are collectively responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization. They partner with teams across the company to continually optimize our security posture while maintaining a hyper-focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
About the Group
You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge security solutions that are located within Liberty Mutual Perimeter and Application Security teams. Our Cybersecurity Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the overall security posture of the organization. We partner with teams across the company to continually optimize our perimeter security posture while maintaining a hyper focus on the reliability and stability of our business environments.
Applicant will design, build, configuration, deployment, and support of Web Application Firewall (WAF) and BOT mitigation policies for on premise and in the cloud WAF deployments.
- Support application security development initiatives requiring innovation, automation, and integration in the various clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Design, build, configure, deploy and support of Web Application Firewall (WAF) and BOT mitigation policies for on premise and in the cloud WAF deployments.
- This customer focused role supports security operations that includes incidents, service delivery, technology configuration and lifecycle, and technical security investigations and forensic collection.
- Be a member of an agile team focused on analysis, system design, documentation, testing, implementation and support for highly complex security operations and processes.
- Serve as a leading team member supporting security projects or sub-projects of advanced complexity.
- Use decision making behaviors that require analytical, interpretative, and creative thinking that may not conform to established patterns to solve security problems.
- Provides consultation on highly complex technology to address security gaps which enable business processes.
- Provides strong leadership and direction to other team members.
Provides subject matter expertise across all edge hardening and perimeter security technologies.
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification.
- 5+ years of work experience with cyber security industry with strong backgrounds in cloud, information, and application security.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with an automation first mindset.
- Proficiency in dimensional and lateral thinking, application delivery, system and technology integration, system software infrastructure, and workplace adaptability.
- Strong knowledge of the industry clouds (AWS, Azure and GCP) with emphasis on perimeter security.
- Strong experience with automation and process improvement methodologies.
- Should have experience with web-based attacks, OWASP Top 10 web vulnerabilities, web application testing with tools like Zed Attack Proxy, Fiddler, Burp Suite and extensive knowledge of networking protocols.
- Microsoft Azure or AWS Certifications
- CompTIA Security+
- CEH or OSCP
Security Solutions/Tools Certifications or other related industry security certifications.