ICW Group is hiring a Claims Assistant to provide administrative support and overall assistance to Workers Compensation Claims Examiners. This position exists to ensure the timely payments of injured worker compensation. This position will work out of our Woodland Hills office 3 days/week, and remote 2 days/week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience (i.e. Medical Assistant); or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Assist Claims Examiner with complete post-claims resolution and related administrative projects.
- Schedules appropriate medical appointments, calculate mileage and send appointment letter reminders.
- Interaction with nurse on case management regarding return to work status.
- Support Claims Examiners in the preparation, processing and monitoring of payments.
Deliver basic to intermediate administrative support to Claims Examiners.
- Contacts insured (employers) or other involved persons (attorney, injured workers, etc.) to obtain necessary information to process claim.
- Organizes and works with Claims Examiner using computer to enter, access, search and retrieve data.
Imparts exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, including insureds.
- Provides information to insured, injured worker or providing referrals to outside vendors as requested by the Examiner.
- Processes claims for indemnity payments and state mandated forms.
- Processes non-medical payments.
- Organizes and works with Examiner using computer to enter, access, search, and retrieve data.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as the ability to learn enterprise resources planning (ERP) software.