Our client is an innovative Global Insurance Carrier that delivers reliable risk management solutions and respects the diversity of both individuals and ideas. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team.
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Overview: The Senior Accountant will prepare closing statements and reports for the reinsurance team. This is an in office position in Jacksonville, Florida. Individuals who have accounting experience within the insurance industry are encouraged to apply.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual closing statements and reports including written premium, losses, and income.
- Run periodic financial reports, including monthly and quarterly analytics and research of variances.
- Preparation of financial statements and reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly closing process and reporting.
- Respond to audit requests, including IRS, state & local, and insurance departments.
- Coordinate and lead efforts to complete special projects.
- Prepare and complete supplemental reporting/filings.
- Responsible for cash, account, and client reconciliations.
- Maintain/prepare procedure manuals as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent. Equivalent works experience is also considered.
- 3+ years accounting experience, preferably within the insurance industry.
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred.
- Basic understanding of reinsurance concepts.
- Oracle General Ledger experience preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Pay: Salaried position with benefits. Contact Recruiter for more info.