Our client is a large multi-line insurer that serves both global and local markets and provides a wide range of property and casualty, life insurance products and services. We are looking for a Complex Casualty Underwriter to join their team.
Title: Complex Casualty Underwriter
Location: Western Region
Overview: The Complex Casualty Underwriter will underwrite a mixture of Middle Market P&C and National Accounts. The business is general casualty with a mix of guaranteed cost and loss sensitive business. Individuals looking for the opportunity to build around them are encouraged to apply.
- Underwrite all-lines risks, although mainly workers compensation, in the construction business.
- Service new and renewal submissions.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Develop and maintain agency and broker relationships.
- Negotiate with brokers within the limits of delegated authority.
- Understand and communicate company products to facilitate cross-sale.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience underwriting complex casualty.
- Insurance designations preferred (ARM, CPCU, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate timely and effectively with brokers.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for More Info.