About ICW Group
ICW Group is a leading national insurance carrier offering Workers' Compensation, Commercial Multi-Peril (CMP), Differences In Conditions (DIC) and Surety insurance.
- ICW Group is headquartered in San Diego, CA, with regional offices located throughout the United States.
- For the seventh consecutive year and 15th time overall, ICW Group, has been named a Ward's 50 top performers Property-Casualty company for 2021.
- ICW Group was selected as a 5-Star Carrier for workers' compensation by brokers according to research conducted by Insurance Business America.
- More information is available on ICW Group's Twitter, LinkedInand Facebook
ICW Group is seeking a Salesforce Business Analyst to join our growing team. This person will cross collaborate with key internal stakeholders who are users of the Salesforce platform. The purpose of this job is to assume responsibility for helping business and IT implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way, and to facilitate communication with stakeholders, facilitators, and partners. This position exists to analyze business partner's operations to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- 3+ years of Salesforce Business Analyst experience preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partners with business leaders to align IT initiatives with business strategy.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Works with business Product Owners to create and maintain an operating plan.
- Works to achieve the strategic vision and operating platforms that define the people, processes, tools, and technology.
- Brings solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements.
- Analyzes, documents, and tests program development, logic, process flows, and specifications.
- Finds ways to improve workflow and the cost effective utilization of insurance systems.
- Partners with business stakeholders to conduct user acceptance testing
- Documents user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
- Facilitates communication between IT and business stakeholders and Product Owners to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Provides business process and technical expertise to IT staff for the implementation of enhancements, solutions, and maintenance for installed systems.
- Improves the cost effective utilization of insurance systems.
- Contributes in design sessions in prototyping new or existing systems.
- Works to continually enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Performs cost-benefit and ROI analyses for propose systems to aid teams in making implementation decisions.
- Identifies inefficient processes and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Information Technology, Engineering, or related degree preferred.
- Advanced Degree with Industry/Technical designations (i.e., CPCU, ARM, and CBAP) preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- 3+ years of Salesforce Business Analyst experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- BPM, Lean, or Six Sigma preferred.
KNOWELDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of insurance preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to create compelling business cases; very strong understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question status quo; ability to partner with software engineers quality analysts to identify course of resolutions.
- Ability to create and interpret user needs into specifications, user stories, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc.
- Highly competent in reading, analyzing and interpreting technical industry-related journals and DOI filings.
- Ability to coordinate and organize input from various stakeholders, negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts, and consensus building.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Strong knowledge of Modeling Techniques: Object Orientation analysis, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams); in depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Scrum and Waterfall) and demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
- Strong understanding of data management and database concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, and ability to work on advanced Excel functions including VBA if required.
- Strong working knowledge of API standards for communicating and integration between applications.