Vendor Operations Manager, AVP
IAT Insurance Group has an immediate need for a Senior Manager/Assistant Vice President of Vendor Management & Operations that be can located at any of our locations or can be remote for the ideal candidate. This role will be tasked with advancing and maintaining the initiatives of Litigation & Vendor Management and IAT Claims while being involved in all efforts of litigation management and legal vendor management throughout the department.
- Provide IAT and IAT's insureds with the highest quality legal and vendor services to cost effectively resolve their claims and matters.
- Centralize and manage legal and non-legal vendors that align to the claims mission of providing IAT and IAT's insureds with the highest quality services to cost effectively resolve their matters
- Reporting – responsible for development and delivery of spend and performance reporting for both internal and external purposes.
- Develop survey/feedback process for legal and nonlegal vendors.
- Act as auditor of legal and nonlegal invoicing and provide for a resolution path for escalated audit/billing issues and resolution of such issues.
- Develop and execute guidelines, best practices and process/protocols on-site legal and nonlegal reviews.
- Develop and manage e-billing system; Identify and develop most effective use/implementation of e-billing system across legal and nonlegal vendors including contemplation of initiatives to promote process and cost efficiencies.
- Develop and enhance e-billing, litigation and vendor management, and performance measurement reporting capabilities (in combination with score-carding, on-site reviews, etc.).
- Perform litigation vendor management (other than law firms; eg., e-discovery, records retrieval, etc.).
- Provide non-legal vendor management (claim property vendors, such as appraisal services, TPAs, medical review, etc…).
- Provide legal and non-legal panel / preferred vendor development.
- Point of contact, internally and externally, relative to vendor management; provide training, direction and communication as needed.
- Manage non-panel/non-preferred legal and nonlegal engagement and use.
- Perform legal and nonlegal surveys / score-carding.
- Provide litigation and vendor management project and initiative support.
- Identify opportunities to improve service/work product delivery and reduce costs / improve service delivery
- Assist in setting service level expectations, fee agreements and master service agreements.
- Develop application/RFP process for legal and nonlegal vendors.
- Assist and support Litigation & Vendor Management Manager.
- Provide budget and billing training and advocacy to external and internal partners.
- Interact with outside vendors and partners (as well as internal) in a professional manner providing competent and sound support in managing and addressing issues and needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Law Degree/JD preferred (we will consider a Bachelors' degree with the appropriate level of relevant experience)
- Seven years' experience in litigation and/or vendor management, law firm/vendor invoice auditing and/or claims handling.
- Proven success in executing and achieving litigation and vendor management results; invoice audit and law firm/vendor review
- In depth knowledge of litigation required, including experience with handling lawsuits – pleadings, motions, discovery and trials
- Experience/knowledge of all LOBs – casualty/GL, property, WC, Management Liability, etc…
- Strong skills in project work and continuous process improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact effectively at various levels within company and with external partners
- Superior negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer literacy with background/knowledge of e-billing, etc. (audit systems, claims management systems and MS office – word, excel,… )
- Ability to work independently – in a collaborative manner, and as part of team
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative test result by 9am on Monday local time. All employees are required to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.