ICW Group is hiring a Senior Business Analyst to help drive the technological needs of our new Commercial Multi-Peril (CMP) Insurance product.
- 10+ years Business Analyst experience required
- Insurance Industry experience strongly preferred
- Position will work out of our San Diego corporate offices a minimum of 2 days/week.
This is an exciting new role that will perform highly visible work to get this new line of business off the ground. The purpose of this job is to facilitate business and IT implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way, communicate the requirements to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. The position exists to liaise with both Business and IT stakeholders to enable business in achieving its goals.
ICW Group is one of the leading providers of Workers' Compensation Insurance in the country. ICW Group is headquartered in San Diego and is supported by our regional offices located throughout the United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Partners with business leaders to align IT initiatives with business strategy.
- Acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community.
- Elicits, analyzes, and documents detailed business requirements, understand business processes and relevant technology for business initiatives.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Coordinates and organizes input from various stakeholders, negotiates priorities, resolves conflicts, and builds consensus.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support as well as an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
- Applies insurance and information system knowledge to assist business in improving workflow and improving the cost-effective utilization of insurance systems.
- May assist with test planning and tests configuration changes and RICEFs.
Achieves the strategic vision and operating platforms that define the people, processes, tools, and technology.
- Works with business Product Owners to create and maintain an operating plan.
- Conducts user acceptance testing and may conduct functional unit testing and integration testing.
- Facilitates communication between IT and business stakeholders/Product Owners to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
Provides insurance and technical support to IT staff.
- Implements new systems/solutions, enhancements, and maintenance of installed systems.
- Documents user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
- Participates in and contributes to design sessions in prototyping new or existing systems.
- Works to continually enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant technical or business work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications and domain expertise preferred.
- Insurance certifications Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and/or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of insurance preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create compelling business cases; ability to provide input for cost/effort estimates and financial analysis.
- Team-oriented focus; ability to conduct effective meetings with business and project teams; ability to create and interpret user needs into specifications, user stories, flowcharts, UML diagrams, etc.
- Highly competent in reading, analyzing, and interpreting technical industry-related journals and DOI filings.
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Knowledge of Modeling Techniques: Object Orientation analysis, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams). Good understanding of data management and database concepts.
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Scrum, Waterfall and/or Hybrid) and demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and intermediary working knowledge of excel (e.g., Data cleaning, manipulation, and reporting).
- Working knowledge of API standards for communicating and integration between applications.
- This position maps to the Individual Contributor level.
- Additional competencies required: Assertiveness, Initiative, Learning Agility, Problem-Solving and Decision-Making.