The purpose of this job is to carry out the functions of the mailroom such as handling shipping and receiving, processing incoming and outgoing mail, maintaining daily records and company-wide file storage, and assisting employees with miscellaneous requests. This position exists to support ICW Group offices by ensuring an operational workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Processes all incoming and outgoing mail in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processes all outgoing USPS mail, and UPS/FedEx shipments.
- Sorts and delivers all incoming USPS mail.
- Receives and records all incoming shipments, alerts departments of arrival and arranges pick-up.
- Prepares branch mail and certified mail pouch for delivery
- Ensures Pitney Bowes equipment is up and running, checks meter tape and water levels daily, and cleans regularly.
Maintains company-wide file box inventory.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel to maintain and update master file box inventory workbook on file box retrieval, locations, and data inputting for all departments.
- Fulfills file box creation requests.
- Requests for transport of file boxes between company and offsite storage.
- Submits destruction requests of old file boxes.
Provides office support to the Enterprise.
- Assists in minor workstation/office adjustments, installing keyboard trays, resetting clocks, hanging frames and hooks, replacing nametags.
- Assists with shipping, receiving and delivery of supplies such as copy paper, envelopes, coffee, equipment, etc. while using a supply cart, dolly, or pallet jack.
- Weekly recording and stocking of inventory
- Transports furniture and equipment between office and offsite storage.
- Performing meter reads and facilities checks around the building.
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of 1 year of related experience and/or training required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers license.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to understand and follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Strong sense of organization and recollection. Working knowledge and ability of Microsoft Office Suite. Adaptable for periods of various work densities on differing tasks with the ability to problem solve. Good customer services skills for effective communication with other departments, vendors, and couriers.