Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for an analytical and detail orientated Assistant Underwriter to provide administrative support to the Property Binders team. You might have some prior insurance experience, though this is not essential, but you will need to be able to demonstrate excellent analytical skills using Excel and have great attention to detail.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the overall profitability, growth and retention of your assigned Line of Business and consistency of all related underwriting initiatives.
- Ensure that business is written in accordance with the Company's policies, procedures and controls (including audit requirements) at all times, and adheres to Lloyds Underwriting Management Standards ensuring business is only accepted in accordance with:
- individual underwriting authority where relevant, with approval under the Lloyds Individual Registration Byelaw.
- the Unit's business plan for the relevant year.
- Utilise appropriate systems to accurately enter quotes, risks and endorsements, so as to ensure correct management, statistical and regulatory reporting.
- Assist the underwriters on a day to day basis to ensure a timely and professional service to clients.
- Promote Travelers Line of Business, distribution strategy and philosophy and provide guidance on the Company's underwriting philosophy, procedures and requirements by building strong partnerships with Agents, Brokers and Customers.
- May gather data and prepare reports to support the professional execution of corporate/business underwriting policies/standards.
- Will be expected to assist in the analysis and monitoring of portfolios providing insight and feedback as appropriate.
- Previous work experience required.
- Previous experience of Windows MS Office.
- Secondary level education or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Degree with a statistical background preferred.
- Previous experience working within Property and Casualty insurance preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Expected to either already be studying, or be willing to study towards ACII qualification.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Able to effectively share information and build team support.
- Able to communicate clearly.
- Able to develop effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Able to perform in a business professional manner with a positive attitude.
- Able to determine priorities and effectively schedule time.
- Able to ask for assistance in setting deadlines.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.