Senior Manager - Workforce Digital Solutions
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Workforce Digital Solutions (WDS) Team drives the maximization of our digital technology investment to deliver a consumer-grade experience adapted to people, roles and personas that provides targeted data to inform business insights and enable decision making.
The Workforce Digital Solutions Senior Manager oversees and leads the managers and teams accountable to delivering minimally viable products aligned with key enterprise-wide business and HR strategy and vision. Responsible for introducing and leading strategic change using sophisticated internal and external professional expertise. Monitors and oversees operational efficiencies, vendor relations, budget and aspects of governance.
Workforce Digital Solutions Team Management:
- Provides leadership and development for production support individuals, product owners and scrum masters for specific product teams
- Develops, coaches, cultivates and role models behaviors within the scrum team that are critical to generating the team dynamics and culture necessary to maximize agile delivery
- Design and implement team process methodology
- Extend the planning horizon with a comprehensive perspective of capacity vs. demand.
- Formulate and monitor annual people/financial plan based upon the cost management guidelines.
- Analyze data at a strategic level; distilling it into business intelligence and reporting, and recommending solutions
- Facilitate behaviors that enable knowledge-sharing and integration within and across scrum teams
- Participates in resourcing, prioritization and collaboration with other development teams (a.k.a.Scrum of Scrum) to ensure WDS, business and HR visions are aligned with product releases
- Stay connected to scrum masters to support/facilitate removing impediments with resources
- Ensures security & governance compliance promoting a risk-aware culture
- Ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Internal partner relationship management, i.e. centers of excellence, information technology, etc.
- Is a product release stakeholder (incremental vs. program):
- Reviews and provides approval with other stakeholders on design requirements
- Provides approval with other stakeholders on release acceptance
- Reviews and provides approval with other stakeholders on Testing scripts
- Monitor scrum program expense budgets aligned with product backlog/product releases
- Monitor contractual service obligations with external vendors
- Build community of project and process leaders
- Develops relationships with internal HR partners to monitor strategy, alignment and customer satisfaction.
- In partnership with product owner, develops overall product area roadmaps aligned with broader WDS, business and HR strategies and visions
- Ensures digital strategic direction delivered
- Overall HR Digital Program cohesiveness
- Continuous improvement of existing programs, policies, procedures, recognizing gaps or operational issues and developing preventative measures and strategies to improve.
- Responsible for staying current with industry trends and insights and educating and information team
- Reports projects to senior management.
- Identify impacted areas and implement action plans and goals for achieving optimum business results.
- Assimilate data to share in development of short term and long term forecasts. Interface with the partner/customer to develop and maintain extraordinary partner relationships.
- Develop and maintain vendor governance program policies.
- Manage external partner relationships, oversee delivery of significant events and oversee projects and initiatives related to their business process.
- Manage communication to/from Allstate US business partners, regularly interfacing with internal front line and Human Resource leaders
- Design and execute vendor oversight plans, manage issue escalations and employee/stakeholder communications relevant to their process area.
- Represent technology program expense budgets and ensure contractual service obligations are maintained
- Own SuccessFactors service contract, platinum support relationship and IBM relationship/services (Salesforce or other technologies too?
- Regularly interface with IT leaders, including officer-level interaction
- Research and monitor the development of new technologies; recommend new technology to department heads for the purpose of process improvement; plan upgrades and replacement of existing systems; develop partnership opportunities with other departments and associated agencies.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Demonstrated leadership and business expertise
- 10+ years related experience with technology systems administration, support or development
- Experience with HRIS/HCM technology; SAP/SuccessFactors preferred
- Demonstrated competency of Agile Scrum best practices, methodologies and ceremonies. Understands and upholds the scrum framework and strives for early acceptance of stories
- Proficient in Jira, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and working knowledge of SharePoint
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Focus on customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative
- Ability to effectively communicate that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals
- Capability to develop a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively
- Constantly manage oneself with unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
- Ability to analyze, assemble & deliver information
- In-depth knowledge of the Company business model
- Demonstrated success with providing written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and the ability to present this data to others
- Able to manage and set expectations with stakeholders, displays strong negotiation skills
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Applied experience developing technology solutions operating within a business or technology role
- Functional knowledge of HR processes and technology, and how people and talent management data is used and integrated
- Excellent written and verbal communications; is able to communicate sometimes complex information clearly and logically to a variety of audiences. Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Understand business process integration, design and handoffs
- Deals effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapts appropriately to a range of situations
- Displays self-awareness, collaboration and empathy. Ability to motivate, encourage, influence and empower others.
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Good business writing skills
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Experience in experience layer implementation, AI, ChatBots and SuccessFactors - preferably the Learning and Compensation modules.
The hiring salary range for this role is $120,000 - $165,000 + Bonus. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.