Technology Program Manager-REMOTE HOME BASED WORKER
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Project Manager Expert is responsible for directing strategic, enterprise level initiatives or projects/program of the highest complexity and impact. Accountable for leading all aspects of the highest complexity program or project with the ability to provide project management on projects with the highest level of risk, organizational span, business complexity, team size, and interdependencies. Projects will be managed across multiple functional areas and often have fixed deadlines and are of strategic importance to the organization.Key Responsibilities
- Directs strategic initiatives and/or level project/programs of the highest complexity and impact
- Takes the lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to communicate critical project information while remaining sensitive to organizational politics
- Manages total concurrent projects summing over 15,000 hours but may be less based on other complexity factors
- Customizes solutions for complex issues typically involving DCIO or enterprise level considerations
- Drives achievement of enterprise level projects/program success factors
- Drives agenda and facilitate projects/program steering committee meetings
- Represents the projects/program and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory and gating forums
- Drives project execution. Provides direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Assesses and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintains project transparency and accurate status; keeps managers, delivery area and portfolio managers informed
- Proactively plans staffing and makes dynamic adjustments to maximize resource efficiencies and achieve project results
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Program Management experience in a large Technology Enterprise environment
- Must have a solid understanding of foundational Infrastructure (Data center, Storage, Networking, Server,etc.) and emerging technologies in the Infrastructure space (Cloud, Software Defined Infrastructure, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record in delivering multiple complex projects and/or programs as well as managing/mentoring of project managers with a strong focus on execution
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate expert skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Strong people oversight and mentoring skills
- Strong consultative, customer focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Ability to lead across a wide variety of project types
- Demonstrates mastery of best practices in project management and communication processes and contributes to the improvement of these processes at Allstate
- Demonstrates thought leadership in problem solving, staff development and effective interaction with senior management
- PMP Certification
- Agile certification
- SAFe certifications
Compensation range for this position is $120,000-$165,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
Additional up to 10% yearly bonus potential
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.