Director, Corporate Strategy
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
This role leads and directs the strategic design, planning, and implementation of programs and processes, providing related industry expertise. Connects with other AORs to align on priorities to increase effectiveness within our organization. Provides expert consulting and support across the enterprise for specific initiatives.Key Responsibilities
- Formulates and/or contributes to Allstate strategies, anticipating stakeholder needs aligned with business goals and priorities
- Leverages analytics to support decision making on strategic direction and alignment with business priorities
- Sets strategic and operational parameters for collaborative efforts/teams with and across functional boundaries
- Takes an integrated approach to ensure initiatives align to the Company determined growth and profit goals
- Demonstrates strong business knowledge, leadership, and general management skills
- Drives results through the development of effective relationships
- Provides support in removing or overcoming barriers to cooperative efforts with teams across functions
- Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Provides expense recommendations to align with current and future expense plans
- Gains alignment and support on initiatives from leadership
- Interprets Allstates strategic vision into team priorities and objectives
- Prioritizes and aligns existing and new initiatives to support changing business tactics
- Sponsors and/or provides stewardship on initiatives
- Actively seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise when appropriate
- Aligns and enables leadership efforts for continuous improvements
- Leads and supports governance process
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- 12 years experience
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of the industry
- Servant Leadership skills necessary to lead team members in alignment with organizational goals
- Strong communication skills including written and oral
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of processes, policies, and procedures relevant to the industry
- Responsible for compliance with current industry standards/environment that impact decisions and indicates requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.