CorVel is seeking a full time USL&H / JA Claims Specialist (Adjuster) for our Louisiana area. The Claims Specialist manages within company best practices USL&H / JA claims within delegated limited authority to best possible outcome. Work with employer, vendors, attorneys, physicians and nurse case managers to obtain a successful return to work. At least 3 years handling USL&H / JA Compensation claims. Claims Adjuster license required.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits, as required by client
- Determine appropriate AWW and correct compensation rate
- Process indemnity benefits timely and accurately
- Manages lost-time workers' compensation claims under supervision
- Implement medical cost containment techniques
- Schedule IME's as appropriate with proper cover letters
- Apply clients best practices
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”).
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years USL&H / JA
- Louisiana State Adjuster license required
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.