Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a Manager, Product Analytics do at GAINSCO?
- Leadership: Effectively coach, teach, mentor and develop product analysts to achieve company objectives and goals. Identifies and solves complex problems with their team by collecting and analyzing statistical, financial, and competitive information, including internal and external data, to help make critical business decisions. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability. Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members. Lead employees by using a framework to encourage employee contribution including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning as well as performance management. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, Teams chat, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Creativity: Engage with various external partners/vendors to optimize profitability and growth through strategic segmentation of purchased traffic, bidding tactics on leads, clicks, & calls, targeting restrictions based on limitations of lead data, internal capabilities, and/or vendor limitations, along with the use of internal filters and analytics.
- Collaboration: Work with other functional departments to coordinate for maximum effectiveness of programs, implementation of product strategies, drive cross-departmental alignment and engagement for initiatives supporting product objectives.
- Profitability: Ensure overall goals for production and underwriting profitability are met by analyzing premium rates, loss experience, retention, expense and providing summaries of analysis to the Director to assist in the decision-making process.
- Strategic: Execute strategies, business models, and plans designed to optimize growth in conjunction with strong financial results.
What is required?
- Bachelor's degree required, with preference in a quantitative analytical field such as Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Programming, and Computer Science; preference is also given to those with a Master's degree in the same fields.
- 5 to 8 years experience in a product management or similar role is required. Preferably with at least 3 years specializing in the online insurance space and a minimum of 3 years managing a team.
- Project Management experience required, utilizing agile methodology.
- Proven ability to foster teamwork.
Other skills and abilities:
- Advanced skills in and mastery of Microsoft Excel, SQL required.
- Strongly prefer experience in or exposure to VBA, R, AS400, SAS, Python, Microsoft Power BI, and other MS Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills; keen attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in performing mathematical calculation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to gather information and express ideas effectively to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of non-standard auto insurance is preferred.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong analytical skills that include the ability to evaluate both industry and individual company information.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.