Analyst/Associate, Corp Development
This is a highly visible role on the Global Retail Markets (GRM) Finance team. The GRM Finance team is hiring for an Analyst/Associate to support GRM Corporate Development team. This highly impactful role will assist on the assessment, analysis, and implementation of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) strategies globally. He/she will report to the Managing Director, Corporate Development in GRM Finance and will work closely with cross-functional leaders in different areas such as Distribution, Product, Claims, Finance, IT, Legal and Investments.
As part of the GRM Corporate Development team, he/she will primarily be responsible for supporting the ongoing process to define the global M&A Strategy through research and analysis as well as implementing that strategy through proactively scanning, analyzing, evaluating and executing on deal opportunities. He/she will routinely interact with international and domestic teams to collect and analyze information, coordinate projects, and provide updates and recommendations. This role will be highly collaborative in nature and provides tremendous opportunity to build new processes, relationships, and capabilities with high impact and visibility.
*Ability to travel both domestically and internationally may be needed.
- Support the development of M&A strategy across the Global Retail Markets business unit for both domestic and international operations.
- Conduct market and competitor assessments to understand business dynamics/trends and test viability of potential investment opportunities.
- Support the process to proactively scan, cultivate, evaluate and prioritize potential M&A deals.
- Build financial models to analyze and forecast target company financials as well as to define their relative value.
- Perform due diligence (strategic, operational, and financial) on potential M&A targets.
- Work with business/functions to build the business case and recommendation on the go/no-go decision for potential investments/acquisitions.
- Prepare and deliver executive presentations on company evaluation and recommendations to facilitate internal decision making.
- Facilitate and support the execution of M&A deals. M&A deals include: acquisitions, divestitures, bancassurance agreements, ownership structure changes (e.g. joint venture agreements), etc.
- Support the evaluation of post-merger integration.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in strategy, finance, or investment roles with track record of high performance, preferably in Insurance or Financial Services.
- Corporate financial, internal/external M&A, investment, or venture experience preferred.
- General knowledge of insurance finance and accounting preferred.
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills as well as experience developing presentations are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent experience.
- Progress towards a CFA charter is a plus.
- Must be self-driven and demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. Must be detailed oriented while having the ability to see the big picture.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; highly collaborative and demonstrated ability to build relationships.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.