Senior Full Stack Engineer - Investments
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide.
Liberty Mutual Investments manages Liberty Mutual's globally invested assets of $90b generating income and creating capital. Liberty Mutual Investments IT supports the Investment Front and Back office functions within the Investments Department.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer role aligns with the Private Investments and Front Office Technology teams, and is primarily focused on designing, developing, and maintaining tools, systems, and analytics for the private equity, real estate, trading, research, and portfolio analytics teams.
Please note the level of this position will be based on experience.
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to iteratively create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Analyze technical system problems, and design and implement effective solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Executes all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- 3-5+ years of professional development experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication and collaboration skills
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
- The ideal candidate will be dedicated, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Exposure to or an interest in investments and asset management
- Devops with jenkins, bamboo, git, bitbucket, etc.
- Cloud exposure, AWS lambda, step functions, SNS, SQS, Azure App Tiers, Team Services
- Prior experience working with an ETL tool
- Exposure to or an interest in learning Snowflake
- Experience working with Agilemethodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.