Assistant Director, Data Science; Director I (STP), Data Science
GRM Actuarial Global Non-Price Predictive Modeling West Special Projects team is searching for a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist who is eager to make an impact on the very complex and evolving global insurance industry. The West Special Project team is responsible for developing a wide variety of predictive models and analytical tools that will enable the GRM West Region to achieve their profitability and growth goals. This role requires broad knowledge of predictive modeling techniques and ability to develop, adapt and expand successful predictive modeling and analytical solutions to other international markets to enable data-driven strategic decision-making. You will communicate the results of your work to stakeholders and provide highly technical analytical assessments of business issues to a mixture of technical and non-technical audiences so good communication skills are essential. This role will report directly to the West Special Projects Team Manager.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop appropriate statistical approaches and tools that will drive strategic decision making.
- Research, recommend, develop and implement timely and practical modeling and analytical solutions to complex problems central to our business.
- Perform highly complex, technical, and creative predictive analytics projects.
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues and data challenges in the country markets to deliver actionable insights, recommendations and business processes.
- Manage and prioritize multiple moderate-to-highly complex projects including gathering business requirements, developing project goals and requirements, coordinating project timelines, and communicating project status and deliverables with customers and management.
- Present findings, share insights, and make recommendations that impact profitability, growth and/or customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate results in written, oral and presentation formats.
- Expected global travel: 10-20%
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience, skill level and geographic location.
- Master's degree or higher in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or any other quantitative field preferred; plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills.
- Proficient in predictive analytics including real-world experience in model development, validation, testing and monitoring.
- Proficient with at least one language for data analysis and modeling, such as R, Python or SAS.
- Experience with large analysis datasets and Enterprise-scale database systems.
- Experience with statistical techniques including generalized linear models, survival models, random forests, clustering, and Bayesian approaches to data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical results to a non-technical business audience.
- Knowledge of insurance principles, underwriting and the various functions of an insurance organization, including Finance, Underwriting, Sales and Claims desirable.
- Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively as a project team member or leader.
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is desirable but not required. Proficiency in English required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.