Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryReports to AVP, Risk Control Under broad oversight, attracts, recruits, coaches, trains, develops and retains top Risk Control talent. Manages work assignments for staff in assigned territory, completes performance reviews with input from AVP, guides staff on skill development, and acts as Risk Control liaison to local business partners. Manages relationships with business partners, including, underwriting, claim and other risk control disciplines. Supports the acquisition, retention and profitability of our business through engagement with agents/brokers and customers. Implements strategies aligned with business unit objectives to grow a profitable book of business. Monitors expenses and provides input on compensation, bonuses, and budgetary matters.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages Risk Control staff in territory ensuring the appropriate technical resource is assigned and efficiently deployed.
- Completes ongoing performance feedback and gives honest, constructive and timely feedback to staff. Produces all interim and year-end formal reviews.
- Works with staff to develop and monitor individual development plans
- Manages quality through co-surveys and survey/file reviews with staff as required by our formal Quality Assurance (QA) process.
- Maintain timely, frequent and relevant communications with direct manager (AVP) and business partner leadership. Effectively manages local strategies and objectives to maintain optimal relationships with brokers and agencies.
- Coordinates training for local staff in conjunction with regional initiatives, business partner plans, emerging issues and market changes
- Attends and participates as appropriate in regional and local office business meetings
- Collaborates with business partners to ensure Risk Control products and resources are leveraged.
- May conduct risk control assessments or marketing presentations at client locations as needed in support of our business.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory environment and emerging safety issues
- Undergraduate degree preferably in the areas of science, occupational safety and health, engineering or risk management required and 8+ years Risk Control or related experience required OR 12+ years Risk Control or related experience required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Proven ability to strategically plan while maximizing performance in the short term required.
- Risk Control experience within the P&C industry required.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude required.
- Superior Communication skills required.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Graduate degree in a related field preferred
- 3+ years management experience preferred
Licensing or Certificates
- Recognized related professional designations (such as ASP, CSP, ARM, etc.)
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated successful management experience leading both on site and remote employees.
- Experience in leading large, diverse groups including leading other leaders.
- Travel Requirements: Travel Frequently.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.