Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryProvides the highest quality and cost-effective legal representation. Demonstrates exceptional knowledge and expertise in all phases of litigation and trial, and by providing superior service to the insured client and claim partner as part of a legal team. Responsible for aggressive handling of high exposure cases and complex litigation matters.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively tries cases to jury verdict demonstrating exceptional use of trial skills in litigating cases.
- Independently handles complex litigation and large exposure cases from case inception through trial/resolution.
- Demonstrates exceptional legal research and writing skills.
- Drafts substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other legal documents.
- Proactively identifies and communicates exposure and risk in a timely manner to insured clients and claim partners.
- Builds and fosters internal and external client relationships with a customer centric focus.
- Takes a leadership role in working collaboratively with claim and business partners to achieve results and identify/resolve issues.
- Provides leadership through mentoring other attorneys and legal support staff.
- Provides internal and external training, seminars and legal updates to insured clients and claim partners.
- Provides in-depth, substantive analysis and quality reporting to insured clients and claim partners in a timely manner.
- Initiates special projects and identifies other opportunities to support office goals/business needs.
- Fully and effectively utilize available technology and automation.
- Adheres to all standards of excellence in file organization and management.
- Timely completes all required administrative tasks including time reporting, case closings, and other reporting.
- Travels as required to meet business needs.
- Graduation from an accredited law school with a strong academic record.
- Minimum of 7 years of litigation practice or equivalent legal experience.
- Active license to practice law.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Senior Associate/Partner level of experience
- Proven track record of trial skills and techniques Successful completion of the bar and ethics examinations in the state(s) in which representation is required
- Exceptional and articulate presentation skills
- Strong and persuasive oral advocacy and writing skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate position
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.