Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, designs and develops learning solutions and resources of increasing complexity used by professionals and facilitators to train employees to perform their jobs. Types of deliverables may include e-learning/self-paced learning solutions, multimedia, materials for instructor-led training, and job aids. Position may focus on design and/or development depending on organizational needs.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct analysis and make actionable recommendations related to learning needs. Contribute to development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Recommend learning strategies and approaches for assigned projects; determine a preliminary level of effort required for each recommendation.
- Contribute to development of short- and long-term organizational strategies and initiatives.
- Develop a project plan, project schedule, and milestone dates. Manage work through the project lifecycle. May take on project manager role.
- Design and develop complex learning solutions aligned with business and learner needs.
- Deliver leading-edge solutions. May work with team to explore new technologies or be internal lead for a specific technology.
- Design and recommend measurement tools for specific solutions and for broader use across our organization. Monitor feedback, evaluate impact and effectiveness of solutions, and communicate results and recommendations to business partners.
- Right size and reduce resource requirements without impacting quality or effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or five years of experience in instructional design/technologies, adult learning, or business related field.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in instructional design, learning and development, learning technologies, or comparable field preferred.
- Six or more years of experience applying adult learning and design best practices to design/develop engaging, effective learning resources in a wide variety of formats.
- Proficiency in MS Office products experience with at least 2 - 3 additional multimedia and learning technology tools such as iSpring, Lectora, Captivate, Adobe Products, SharePoint, Camtasia, web development, etc.
- Experience incorporating multimedia elements (audio, video, and graphics) into blended learning solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to self-review and meet rigorous quality standards.
- Experience working in a project environment and familiarity with project management tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous self-learning and exploring new trends, strategies, and practices in the talent development field.
- Experience building, maintaining, and repairing work relationships.
- Able to work effectively in collaborative work environment.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.