PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ICW Group is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant for our Home Office located in beautiful San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate has the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, must be able to work under pressure, and handle a wide variety of simultaneous activities. The Executive Assistant will support the business by providing confidential highly diversified administrative support that results in maximizing senior executive productivity. This position exists to sustain Company executives including the COO and others as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages executive calendars, visitors, and meetings.
- Schedules meetings, appointments, and personal commitments for all assigned executives considering appropriateness of executive presence and ensuring adequate time to cover subject material.
- Manages and monitors executive calendars to ensure sufficient time is booked between appointments and for “desk time” to maximize executive's efficiency and convenience. In alignment with executive preferences, monitors meeting and appointment timing to ensure executive remains on schedule.
- Coordinates meeting arrangements including location, refreshments, audio & visual (A/V) and other logistics. Ensures meeting notices, agendas, materials, and reminders are prepared and sent to invitees on a timely basis.
- Performs secretarial duties in meetings, including accurate minutes and follow up activities.
- Screens requests for personal appointments. Prepares for visitors by providing back-up data to executive as needed in advance of appointment. Greets visitors and provide amenities.
Creates and coordinates communications, often of a confidential nature, on behalf of the executives.
- Opens and prioritizes mail daily for executive review. Processes replies on own initiative or as directed by the executive.
- Handles all phone and/or email inquiries professionally and in a timely manner. Routes calls and takes messages. Arranges for callbacks and provides back up materials to efficiently manage executive's time.
- Composes correspondence and creates reports for own or executive's signature.
- Utilizes independent judgment, determining when to act for executive and when to refer problems for personal attention.
Schedules travel for executives or others as requested.
- Prepares draft itinerary and finalizes with executive approval.
- Makes travel reservations ensuring executive preferences and ease of travel are maximized.
- Prepares and gathers materials, as necessary, to prepare executive for travel and provides in advance of trip.
- Regularly checks via phone and/or email with travelers to ensure expectations are met, resolves problems, makes changes, etc. across all travel days – including weekends.
Attends Executive meetings and creates communications based on concepts.
- Attends strategic planning meetings with the COO and other Executives.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Prepares restricted documentation to convey concepts, ideas, and specific plans to various audiences, including the Executive Leadership Team.
- Prepares required documentation which includes PowerPoint slides, whitepapers composed in MS Word and Excel worksheets to convey high level financial summaries.
Provides administrative support and project management for executives.
- Coordinates flow of general and complex documents and work for executives to assist with managing the enterprise.
- Researches, gathers data, and prepares documents, reports, and presentations at the direction of the executives.
- Reconciles all travel expenses, prepares expense reports, and submits on a timely basis.
- Coordinates processes and/or projects for executives, some of which are highly complex, confidential and sensitive in nature.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Associate's degree from a two-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Business Administration or related field.
Minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience supporting high level executives. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft Office Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to listen for content and context in meetings and distill key concepts into presentations and memorandums. Advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills. Intermediate Excel skills. Operational experience in a Corporate Office environment. Ability to read and interpret documents such Company Policies, handbooks, and procedure manuals. Writing routine reports and correspondence, including formal letters, and emails required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals. General business knowledge. Effective presentation skills of information and response to questions from groups of executives, directors, managers, and customers. Mathematics skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division sum, product, rate, ratio, and percent. Create and interpret graphs. Skills in identification and productive resolution of problems. Manage and protect confidential information in a discreet and professional manner. Possess superb relationship and customer service skills with the ability to interface with personnel from various departments and at all levels within the organization. Ability to multi-task across multiple priorities, supporting multiple leaders and functional areas in a fast-paced environment.
Office environment with occasional travel – no specific or unusual or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, see and hear.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment.