P&C Underwriter - GPP
Glatfelter Insurance Group is seeking a P&C Underwriter to join our Glatfelter Public Practice Underwriting team. Our new associate will be responsible for underwriting and managing a book of business within an assigned territory.
This position requires a sound knowledge of the insurance industry's concepts and policies. The daily execution of responsibilities for the Underwriter requires a highly organized approach as well as attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a high energy, motivated, self-starting team member, who is an excellent communicator, able to develop and maintain relationships, willing to achieve goals in a performance driven environment. Remote worker will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years Commercial lines Casualty or Multi-Lines underwriting in either a company or an agency.
- Strong technical underwriting, organizational, decision making skills will be the key qualifications for the successful candidate.
- Familiarity with ratings systems.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Exceptional customer service.
- Must have and maintain or attain within three (3) months a current property-casualty license.