Adjuster: SENIOR Multi-state Commercial Auto/ Trucking Claims--Work From Home--PERM
Multi-State Senior Commercial Auto and Trucking Claims Examiner--Work from Home--PERM!
Recognized TPA leader throughout the country looking for a PERM hire of a General Liability Claims Adjuster. Providing service that translates into real and lasting benefits, and proud to be a family-owned company. They are dedicated to core values of honesty and integrity, a commitment to service and results, and a caring family culture.
They respect the Work/Life balance for all their employees. Rave reviews from current and previous employees. This is the place to work!!!!! Great co-workers! Great Management!! Great Jobs!!
The Senior Claims Examiner is responsible for the review, analysis and processing of complex commercial auto and trucking claims within assigned authority limits and consistent with policy and legal requirements. These claims are typically high exposure and often entail litigation and coverage issues. The goal of the position is to ensure the delivery of quality service to customers while protecting their interests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Advanced knowledge in the following areas: 1) claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge, 2) functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions, 3) demonstrated advanced verbal and written communications skills, 4) demonstrated advanced analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Investigate, evaluate and determine settlement value or denial of liability for severe to major level claims.
- Within prescribed settlement authority for line of business, establish appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
- Manage the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adhere to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment.
- Document and manage claims (i.e.: record statements, update diaries, write reports) from inception to closure.
- Coordinate and work with a vendor services such as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various replacement services.
- Facilitate between claimants, clients, brokers and attorneys in resolution of liability claims.
- Exchange information with clients, claimants, insurance brokers, inspectors, producers and account managers.
- Attend meetings and educational seminars for professional development.
- Maintain required licenses.
- Participate and/or conduct department meetings Present company abilities in new client meetings.
- Provide training and daily guidance to other claims examiners and may fill-in for supervisor as necessary.
- Conduct quarterly claim reviews with the client.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma required, college degree strongly preferred
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a minimum 7-10 years commercial auto coverage complex/major claims experience and High Exposure commercial trucking auto liability experience
- Experience with tort law, civil procedure and contract law
- Experience with property and casualty insurance policies
- Experience with insurance laws, codes and procedures
- Understanding of medical, legal terminology and liability concepts
- State Adjuster License(s) required within 180 days
- Active Florida license required in advance of hire if residing in the state. NY, CA, and FL essential
- Proficiency in investigation and resolution of severe to major level auto casualty claims
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to research and resolve problems
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- Computer literate and experience navigating various computer systems, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook and database management.
- Ability to learn additional computer programs, CLAIMSXPRESS knowledge preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Valid Driver’s license and availability for local travel
SALARY & BENEFITS
*Pay based on experience and location/residency of the job of each candidate
* Income Protection Benefits *Medical & Prescription Benefits *Heath Savings Account (HSA) *Medical Benefits *Dental Benefits *Vision Benefits *Additional Plans *Contributions *Benefits Mobile App *FSA & HSA Expenses *Paid Holidays *PTO *401K & MUCH MORE!!!!!