The Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant (QRC)/Vocational Case Manager provides vocational rehabilitation services and medical case management to physically disabled individuals through coordination with client, referral source, physician, employer, attorney and others with the ultimate goal being the client's timely return to gainful employment. The Vocational Case Manager interviews and evaluates the client to determine the degree of disability, eligibility and feasibility of vocational rehabilitation services. This position determines suitable job goals consistent with the clients' interests, aptitudes and physical limitations; supporting the goals of the Case Management department, and of CorVel.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and carry out appointments with client, family, adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney, vendors as necessary.
- Communicate via telephone.
- Complete forms according to industry requirements.
- Prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe.
- Document all case activity in files
- Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by certifying entities.
- May be required to attend committee meetings, participate in customer service activities, present instructional programs, administer vocational testing and review results, perform on-site job analyses, provide expert testimony, job placement, oversee job seeking skills workshop and perform labor market research.
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interface with claims staff, attorneys, physicians and their representatives, and advisors/clients and coworkers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field.
- Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant (QRC) registration with the MN Department of Labor and Industry or ability to obtain.
- Ability to obtain CRC or CDMS Certification for the State of MN.
- Knowledge of Managed Care or Workers' Compensation preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other language preferred.
- RN a plus.
- Candidates in Central or Western MN encouraged to apply.