The Quality Assurance Specialist participates in all assigned activities to assist the Medicare Services team to ensure team compliance. The QA Specialist will work closely with all other team members completing activities such as file audits, training manual updates, document formatting, and work flow management assistance. This position is temporarily remote during pandemic.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for team file reviews
- Responsible for updating team training modules in SharePoint
- Responsible for team outcome tracking in Excel
- Responsible for tracking unit Medicare pricing in Excel
- May assist Medicare Services VP with daily work flow
- May assist Medicare Services VP with daily invoicing
- May assist Medicare Service VP with marketing documents and customer outreach
- Requires punctual and consistent attendance
- Maintain HIPAA compliance in all aspects of communications
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Provides general support to nursing staff and management
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel and SharePoint
- Proficient in editing functions of Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- The ability to work in a fast paced/production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or combination of education and experience
- 6 months to 1 year demonstrated Microsoft applications experience